Friday, January 17, 2014

High Five For Friday 01/17

{one}
I had my first full week of subbing. I absolutely LOVE it. I loved being back in the classroom, but I also like having a job. I thought that I was enjoying my free time and being a stay at home wife, but I think I was made to be a working woman, at least until we have children. I like the routine of waking up, getting dressed, going out and doing something productive, then coming home at night. During my time as stay-at-home wife, I wondered how working people ever get things done, but I think I got more done in this week than I have in a long time. I think the busier you are, the more you take advantage of every free minute. I'm going to miss having free time to explore the island and lay in bed watching netflix doing projects, but there is nothing better than feeling like a productive member of society. 

{two}
I made quinoa pasta greek yogurt chicken mac and cheese this week and it has topped the list of best healthy comfort meals. I love finding ways to eat healthy without having to sacrifice taste. And sometimes, you just need mac and cheese. I will share the recipe soon!


{three}
Every time I am on my way home from the English class I teach, I pass the cutest little bakery that I have been wanting to check out. Thursday I had a bit of time to spare before my class so I stopped at the bakery. Come to find out, it is macaroons and gelato! It was the cutest little place and the best macaroons I've ever eaten. It will be hard not to stop there every Thursday when I am on my way to my class. 





{four}
A lady at the Japanese school I work at gave me a couple of bags of homemade mochi. The Japanese eat lots of mochi during January to celebrate the new year. It was such a nice gesture to share some with me! It has such an interesting texture and doesn't taste like much. It has almost a medicine-like taste/smell. I love learning about the Japanese culture.


{five}
I found a website on pinterest that allows you to type in all of the items on your grocery list and then gives you coupons for those items. So convenient and time saving! I feel like such a nerd/grown-up that I get excited about coupons. When did this happen?? The sight is lovo.com.


I don't know about you, but I am so excited for the long weekend!


Linking up with LaurenDarciRebeccaCasey, and Jennie

21 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're enjoying being back in the classroom! And please share that mac and cheese recipe - it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband's family eat mochi all the time! I wish I could be cool and say I love it, but it taste like medicine to me too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh, that mac and cheese speaks to me. I'm in serious need of comfort food today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So is mochi just like lettuce? Definitely checking out that coupon website. Have a good weekend Mackenzie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2 looks perfect! I cannot wait for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So funny! I just posted about needing a good, but healthy mac and cheese recipe! It's my all time favorite and I miss eating it (since I'm trying to eat much healthier) so I can't wait to read this recipe!!

    xx Em
    http://beauty-blether.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait for that mac and cheese recipe!! It looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that mac & cheese looks amazing!! can't wait for you to share the recipe! stopping by from the link up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I definitely agree that the busier you are the more stuff you can get done. I haven't been busy since I graduated college and I have done practically nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an awesome bakery find! You can use macaroons to bribe kiddos ;). I totally agree that the busier you are, the more you get done. I'm enjoying life with no job, but I also can't wait to move so I can hopefully get one. The grass is always greener, I guess

    ReplyDelete
  11. HAHA!! Your line about feeling like a grown up made me giggle Mackenzie :) AND - I say stop every Thursday at that little bakery, a treat every now and then is well deserved my dear ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable packaging on the macaroons. That shop is so cute! Hope you have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have been dying for mac and cheese and that looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a fun little bakery!! super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi mackenzie!

    I found your blog through the link up and I am so glad I did! My husband and I live overseas as well, in Germany. Your blog is so great and I would love to talk to you more about living overseas sometime! We just moved here in September so I can use all the advice/tips you have:) I hope you have a wonderful Friday!

    Bailley

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your blog! I absolutely LOVE the look of that cute little bakery. And that MAC and Cheese looks FAB. U.LOUS!
    I'll be back!

    Courtney
    The Pink Porch
    follow me @ www.thepinkporch.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looking forward to that mac and cheese recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh that Mac & Cheese look super yummy I hope you post it soon!♥

    ReplyDelete
  19. His wife and children tended a small Full Online Movies vegetable patch in the modest backyard, at the same time Jonek took on quite a lot of ordinary jobs around the village.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say!