Sunday, August 11, 2013

Weekend Recaps

Hello! Hope everyone has had a great weekend! 

Here is what we have been up for the past few weekends via picture collage

Last weekend



1. Our wonderful friends the Grey's were in Charleston for the weekend. It was tons of fun(minus the stolen iphone incident) and great to catch up with them. See you guys in Oki!

2. My dad's parents came to town for the week to visit and to see Jake and I before we head off to Japan. We enjoyed shopping, LOTS of delicious meals, and enjoying each other's company. Love you grandma and grandpa! Thanks for visiting.

3. While my grandparents were in town, Meghan, Joey, and Jake all came down for the weekend. We had a mini goodbye party at the local Japanese hibachi restaurant. It was so fun watching the guy cook our food for us, throwing shrimp in our mouth and making onion volcanoes. It was so nice all being together for the weekend.

4. My reaction to some of the Japanese food my mom ordered for us. (see #5)

5. After dinner at the hibachi restaurant, we came home and my mom gave us a box full of Japanese snacks. She wanted us to get excited to try new things and to show our family what kinds of things we will be eating. Some of them were delicious (Hello Panda) and some were not so great (seaweed snacks). It was tons of fun to sit around talking about what life will be like in Okinawa.

6. Unfortunately, Jake and I had to say goodbye to Meghan and Joey. I am SO not ready for a month of goodbyes. It is hard not knowing when you will see someone you care about next. I feel very lucky that we have been able to live close to each other for the past few months and have gotten to spend time together. It's not goodbye, just see you later.


This weekend


1. Jake came down to Charleston again. The weather was great on Saturday, so we got our tan on at the pool. It so happened to be the Back to School Bash at our neighborhood pool so there was a DJ and hamburgers. 

2. We watched the sunset on a rooftop downtown Charleston. Rooftops are kind of my new favorite thing. Great views and nice breezes. Charleston, I'm going to miss you. 

3. I wore my new bracelet I talked about in this post. It is so fun to wear and brightens up any outfit. 

4. We ate dinner at A.W. Shucks downtown. I had never been before so it was fun to try something new. The atmosphere was great and the food was good as well. 

5. Jake and I were craving biscuits and gravy. Since brunch is my favorite meal, I wanted to head downtown to check out some brunch spots. But, since we had been downtown the night before, I opted to make it myself. It was my first time making biscuits and gravy from scratch and it turned out so delicious! It was so easy that I will definitely be making them again. 


Today marks one month until we leave for Okinawa. Pretty crazy, right? I have been going through cycles of emotions lately. Excited, nervous, sad, anxious, stressed. My feelings are really contradicting themselves. I feel ready to be there already but also feel like I have so much left to do. I feel like I've done so much this summer but also feel like there is so much left to do. I feel like I've gotten to spend so much time with family but yet I'm not ready to say goodbye. Come on emotions, get it together. The adventures that await us in Okinawa are truly the light at the end of the tunnel.

Until next time,

J and M 

1 comment:

I'd love to hear what you have to say!